Thursday, July 12, 2007

IPO Strategy

Hi friends,

In the middle of a night of a day last week, I chanced upon the opportunity to apply for IPO for China Sunsine using the massively convenient internet banking. The IPO price was 39cts and I decided then to apply for 20 lots.

The next day after the closing date, I was informed that I have been successfully alloted 3 lots.

On trading day, I sold at 57.5cts. A nimble profit of 18.5cts per share or $500 over a few days.

Given the small success, I started to give IPO a little more attention. I applied to a few but was unsuccessful in all of them. The opportunities missed are as follows.

  • RH Energy - IPO at 32cts and closed the trading day at 87cts.
  • China Angel - IPO at 35cts. Traded as high as 80cts.

Moral of story - It confirms again - There is no sure thing. Caveat Emptor always.

P/S - Financial One - IPO'd at $1.15 and closed the day at $1.15.

3 comments:

simon said...

interesting blog. keep it up!

Anonymous said...

so heng, i always ipo nv get. cos i dun have enough $$$, so ballot 3 lots nia..

sian

coscocorp wat u think ah?

i buy at 5.05..now 4.9..

+ director cash in 300 lots leh, profit, 1,515 000

Edgar Wong said...

Simon - Thks for compliment.

Hi anonymous - According to Citigroup's valuation, Cosco is fairly valued at $5.